Camp Red Leaf
One of the best things about being the member of a tribe is actually being together. While online communities enrich our lives and expand our horizons, there’s nothing quite as delightful as a day spent sharing ideas, stories, skills, and some serious creative joy with other artistic photographers. As Tribe Red Leaf grows, we want to give back to its members by providing a “venue” for small groups to get together, foster relationships, share learning, and further develop their vision and skill as photographers. Here’s the idea: You and some fellow photographers create a clan and host a Camp Red Leaf day – your absolutely ideal day of eating, sharing, having fun and shooting together. Follow the guidelines below and submit the requirements, and if selected, your clan will receive some awesome Tribe Red Leaf swag and be featured on the Red Leaf blog.
Each month we will announce a Camp Red Leaf project/assignment on our Facebook Group Page, and one clan will be selected from the entries. Here are the guidelines for establishing your clan and planning your camp day:
- Get 5-10 clan members together and come up with a fun clan name.
- Elect a clan leader who oversees communications with the group and with our project leader, Chris Bowman at Tribe Red Leaf.
- Arrange a day when you can all come together and accomplish the outlined task. Each task will be posted on the Red Leaf Fb user group at the beginning of the month.
- Enjoy and document your amazing day!
- Afterwards, submit a paragraph detailing your adventure, and also submit a few behind-the-scenes images from the event, and your themed images that were captured during your shoot. - Images must be edited with Tribe Red Leaf Presets. (If your group is selected, we’ll feature all of this in an upcoming Tribe Red Leaf blog post.) Please submit images/paragraph to Chris Bowman (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Post some images from your day on Instagram with the hashtags #triberedleaf #camptriberedleaf - Stay in touch with your clan and continue to foster this brilliant network of creative, technical, and moral support.
Please Note: Entrees must be submitted by the 20th of each month to be considered. Only one clan per month will be selected, and the winning clan prizes will be shipped to the assigned “clan leader” who will be responsible for distributing the prizes to the other members.